There are many reasons city weddings, and what to wear to them, are the best. For starters, it’s usually not located on grass, meaning you can wear your favourite pair of stilettos without worrying about the sinking situation. It’s also often located either in close proximity to home or your hotel, which also means if you get a little chilly, you can nip back and grab a jacket (side note: It’s also great if you need a nap). Of course, the only real problem is knowing what kind of outfit you should go for when nuptials are taking place in a chic, metropolitan area. If you’re stuck, however, we’ve got a few easy rules to follow:
1. You can experiment with more “fashion” pieces you wouldn’t normally wear for a wedding.
2. But clean, simple lines are also an easy go-to with city-based nuptials.
3. With that in mind, black is a lot more acceptable as are cocktail dresses.
4. Flats or heels are acceptable. Just make sure they’re comfortable for all that dancing and potential walks to your Uber/Tube.
5. Tailored pieces or a suit would work for this type of wedding. Just remember to up the ante when it comes to accessories to stop it from being too much like officewear.
For more guidance in this department, however, we’ve looked at some of our favourite elegant influencers who have got urban nuptial wedding guest outfits all sorted.
Keep scrolling for what to wear to a city wedding and shop key pieces.